Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'm Worn...

"Let me see redemption win,
let me know the struggle ends. 
That You can mend a heart
that's frail and torn. 
I wanna know a song can rise
from the ashes of a broken life, 
and all that's dead inside
can be reborn.
'Cause I'm worn..."

     I open with the chorus from Tenth Avenue North's single from The Struggle because it is my plea to God every day I breathe. As a college student now, and an adult, my life has suddenly become much more difficult. Myself, as well as many of my friends around me face now struggles that we've never faced before. In this time of hardship it is very easy to sit back and become frustrated with the cards God has dealt us, relying on Him less and less every day. To be very, very honest, I am worn. I am worn by school. I am worn by relationships and the stress of empathy and sympathy as I worry about my loved ones around me. I am worn physically as I face long days with the outlook for shorter days being a bleak horizon. However, I keep going. Not always by the graces of God though. 
     Lately I have found myself relying less and less on God. Even though my days fill evermore with the stress of being a student and forward thoughts about how to pay for next semesters schooling, I forget about my Savior. I am worn. 

"Let me see redemption win, 
let me know the struggle ends..."
     
     Every day the sins build and I feel the weight of the world as it crushes down upon every person, the stress building until we break one-by-one. But God doesn't want this to happen. He died upon the cross to take our sin upon His own shoulders. He loves each and every one of us so deeply that He was willing to lay down His life so that we may live ours. 

"...You can mend a heart
that's frail and torn."

     God, You can mend my heart. No matter how much I yearn for worldly things. No matter how much heart ache I bare, You heal me. My heart I lay before You, frail and torn, broken and beaten, kicked and trodden upon by those I barely knew and those I loved. Jesus, You lift me when I've fallen. 

"I wanna know a song can rise
from the ashes of a broken life."

     Reborn in You, my sinful life burns. You pluck me out of the ashes, a whimpering baby, and you grow me and You grow within me. Jesus, let me know a song can rise from my lungs to You. Even though my words are tainted with the sin of this world, even though I am scarred by harsh words, let me know a song can rise from my heart to You, Lord. 

"...all that's dead inside
can be reborn."

     Without You, Lord, I am dead. Without You I am nothing. With You I am made new in Your creation. 

"'Cause I'm worn..."

     God, I am worn...We, Your creation, are worn down by this world around us. We are hearts trodden upon by the feet of men. We are lives taken by the hands of people who don't know you. With all I have I raise my hands and my heart to You in humble adoration. I am nothing but a servant. I am worn, but You breathe into me new life. I am worn, but You pick me up. I am worn, but You hold me complete. Jesus, I am worn, but You heal me. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment