Monday, March 12, 2012

Random Post...

     So, as you may have noticed, I haven't written anything in awhile...and it's finally gotten to me. What should I talk about? Worship? Band? Cheesy jokes? Cars? OH! I know!

     On March 17, 2012 (this Saturday), I will be embarking on a long and treacherous journey towards Stadium High School. And for what might you ask? For the Commencement Bay Regional Solo and Ensemble Contest. For this I shall be playing the beautiful and flowing Landscape by Krzeimir Debski for clarinet and piano (originally orchestra). In comparison this is a slower piece for me, coming playing things such as the Premiere Rhapsody by Debussy and the Solo de Concours by A. Messeger, but nevertheless a very difficult piece being it VERY slow and lyrical as well as technically difficult, making it rather difficult. This year will be my final year going for the ever elusive position for the state solo and ensemble contest which I have been attempting to no avail to go for for the last 3 years; I have been pushed aside roughly by the 3 students above me who had that useful year on me, even though last year I should have gone, but that's my opinion sneaking though. Anyway, just pray for me to go as this might be my very last classical competition before I immerse myself in worship music and God. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment