Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm No Superman

     I would like to start off this post quoting Lazlo Banes' famous song "Superman;" you've probably heard it if you've seen the hit TV show Scrubs, and if you haven't it doesn't matter. Anyway, there are two specific lines in the chorus I would like you to hear, they go:

"Cause I know I can't do this on my own; no, I know...
I'm No Superman" 

     While in the song Bane is talking about himself needing the object of the song, some random girl, I take it as something else. To me in everyday life it's a plea to God that we can't go on alone, that yes we can take care of ourselves from the outside looking in, but inside we are a stormy ocean. There are those people out there that seem content with worldly possessions, they seem happy, but the happiness doesn't last because while the world may die around us (figuratively), God will never leave our side. There will come a time in your life where you'll get stuck in a rut and need His help. We were made to love Him and He loves us because He created us. We are Gods children, and as a parent wants to help their child, God wants to help us.
     Today in church our pastor actually decided to change it up a bit and invited our oldest church members up to share their stories. I've always been really interested in hearing the stories of my elders and this was no different. There was one piece of advice they told the entire church that will live with me forever:

"In the end, only the things we do for Christ matter."

Lakebay Community Church Member. 

     Just remember, when you're feeling low, God is there because guys...

you're no superman either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment