Thursday, November 1, 2012

Messages from the Flock: Words from a Grandmother

     "Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car."

--
 Lawrence Peter



"It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."

--
Patrick Henry



"The light in the eyes of Him whose heart is joyful, rejoices the heart of others."

--
Proverbs 15:30


"My aim is to move from asking, 'What can you do for me, God?' to, 'How can I serve you, Lord?'"

-- 
Mark Brown




     These quotes all pertain to different things but each in their own right are equally important. The last one for instance, how many fathers do you know that have given up their only son to save everyone from their sins? I know of none, God has already made the ultimate sacrifice, how could I not serve him.
     Number 3, Proverbs is named the book of wisdom and it tells us how to live a Godly life. Have you ever been around someone who is happy, it makes you happy doesn't it? God wants us to be happy and to make other people happy.
     Number 2, this quote means to me that we are not to judge. Our nation was built on Jesus' word and it is clear in the bible that the right to judge others is not ours.
     Number 1, well, to me it is funny and makes me laugh, however there are a lot of people that go to church on Sunday or special holidays just because it makes them look good and the rest of the time they spend doing what ever feels good, never praying or reading the bible etc.




Note from Nintendawg: 
     This is a post from my very own grandmother, I hope you enjoy reading it! More to come next Tuesday! 






No comments:

Post a Comment